About Our Client
Our client is a global automotive trading company with strong presence in Thailand. They are now looking an Accounting Director to support their business growth.
You will be overseeing the General Accounting, Financial Reporting and Tax functions, in addition to cash flow and treasury management. You will also make sure that financial reporting is prepared in compliance with group policies, IFRS and local requirements.
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinate and oversee the SOX activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties
- Serve as the local resource for all SOX questions regarding methodology and SOX Express software use and training.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This currently entails a real-time review of each instrument order and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and IFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, IFRS and other reporting requirements.
- Supervises the completion of government tax reporting requirements, insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Only Thai national with Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Big4 Audit experience with CPA is a must
- 10 years of experience in Accounting, preferably from Automotive trading or manufacturing MNC
- Prior management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a trading or manufacturing environment desirable
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.