General Ledger Accountant (Yardi Experience Required)
Are you a graduate with 1 - 2 years hands on accounting experience? If so, this fantastic opportunity could kick-start your career within the field of Real Estate.
You will be joining a finance team assisting the fund controller with their day-to-day duties, as well as maintaining the underlying accounting records with robust financial controls. Initially your role within this will be to support the function with accounts payable and bank reconciliations.
The Assistant Accountant will have a key role to play within the financial control and operations area as the business expands.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and verifying supplier details
- Managing supplier invoices on Yardi and allocating against payments
- Responsible for supplier and employee expense payment runs
- Reconciliation of supplier and bank accounts
- Providing cash flow forecasts for weekly payment runs
- Production of accounts payable reporting
- Managing company procurement and supplier contracts
- Assisting on month-end process
- Maintain good supplier relations including responding to supplier queries
- Key point of contact to the wider business on all supplier related queries
- Support on finance team administrative tasks
- Adhoc tasks as required, there is always a lot going on in this fast-growing company, so plenty of opportunity to gain exposure to different areas of accounting/finance!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of general ledger processing and controls gained within industry or practice
- Extremely good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to multi-disciplinary team working.
- Tenacious in pursuing issues to resolution
- Flexible and can-do attitude
This position is initially a 4 - 6 month temporary assignment, but there is opportunity for extension. The role will start ASAP.