Multinational life insurance, pensions and asset management company headquartered in Europe, their regional office is headquartered in Hong Kong. They oversee and support operations in eight countries across Asia Pacific. In addition to that, they operate through three major joint ventures in China, India, and Japan.
Purpose of the role is to bring support to the VP Data Analytics/Science and also lead a Data science and a Data analytics team to leverage internal and external data to the real-world business situations. Dealing with internal functions and external parties to explore business opportunities for the company and support business decision making across Asia, especially China.
You will work together with a variety of business teams of the Asia region. You will kick start and lead projects in teams to help the business units reach their goals.
Multi projects, you will be responsible to advise managers from other business lines on topics such as: customer profile, process analytics, fraud detection, compliance and control.
- Ensure the lead of data science and analytics team
- Work closely with different business functions as virtual teams to understand the business initiatives
- Provide technical guidance to the juniors: peer reviews, training and coaching
- Develop analytics and machine learning model to consume internal and external data to deliver business insight and recommendation
- Collect analytics requirements from business and decide the analytics approach to answer business question and support business decision making
- Build and support the process to collect internal/external data and source data from 3rd party vendors in order to extend the scope of business insight
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, applied Mathematics or Statistics
- 6+ years of overall experience as lead data scientist or manager
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (Cantonese is helpful)
- Good programming language skills (Python/R) and also R.
- Dashboard: Tableau and PowerBI are a plus
- Excellent communication skills and basic pre-sales and negotiation skills
- Comfortable in internal customer-facing role
- Able to distil complex results or processes into simple, clear visualisations
- Able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Able to build things and comfortably working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively
- With significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesise complex data
- Understand the modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and can translate this into business implications for the clients
- Understand the modern cognitive computing techniques and the best applications of them
Interested by this description? Would you like to know more?
Next steps are to apply with an updated CV to email@example.com or through WhatsApp on +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.