Position: Business Controller
Objectives of the Position;
According to the general guidance from the supervisor, co-ordinate the defined RBUs cross-country in order to support streamlining operation planning and performance reporting, establish and maintain the Company profiles in the assigned sub-region, support to implement cost and operational controls in the HQs and conduct major analysis on Functional costs and projects/business expansion in the sub-region in order to assist in providing reliable data to management for business decision making, enhance operational efficiency and reduce risks.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities;
1. Financial Reporting and Forecasting & Operational Planning;
· Accountable for monthly actual reporting and full year forecasting of P&L.
· Forecasting processes to be conducted as part of the integrated planning process (supply FC, demand FC, financial FC). Accountable for developing, tracking and reporting financial scenarios to submitted forecast monthly (risks & opportunities).
· Accountable for monthly business analysis of actual and forecasted financial performance against prior forecast, prior year actuals and budget.
· Analysis of price, volume and FX impacts. Highlight gaps to management and derive recommendations for countermeasures.
· Lead operational planning (= budget) process across all local functions in line with business unit processes. Submit financial budget for P&L.
· Consolidate budget proposal incl. qualitative background information / justification. · Constantly improve controlling processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Commercial and Operational Controlling:
· Track profitability on product level and initiate countermeasures (e.g. price increases) · Track and support steering of expenses, i.e. selling cost, R&D cost, and manufacturing/tolling cost (if applicable)
· Request for ICTPs of new products, providing relevant information relating to market price and local COGS · Support operational business steering with adequate reports, ad-hoc analyses and recommendations · Drive operational excellence projects
· Support business to set up appropriate credit limit and credit term between marketing and country credit management team. · Monitor aging of receivables and support collection of overdues via development of payment plans
· Support LBM/Marketing/Sales in the design of commercial schemes by providing accurate information and developing comparative models for profit analysis.
· Prepare the company's comprehensive Annual Financial Report to management
3. Strategic controlling;
· Support financial evaluation as well as development and implementation of strategic projects (e.g. business models, go-to-market approach, make-or-buy decisions, investment decisions, portfolio management)
· Support strategy development.
· Plan, forecast and monitor capital expenditure · Drive and train mindset of value based management across the organization
4. Corporate Governance and Compliance:
· Be a trusted go-to-person and increase awareness around compliance, internal guidelines and processes.
· Support design and/or improvement of internal controls
· Support internal audits and track follow-ups. · Accountable for contract management.
5. Controlling Community:
· Participate in controller meetings and trainings as per nomination by LBM and/or RBU controlling. Support development of controlling community via sharing of best practices.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.