Chief Engineer (Network)
NETWORK ARCHITECTURE & DESGN
YOUR NEW COMPANY
Design, build and operate world-class payment systems and financial market infrastructures that safely, reliably and efficiently enable the functioning and development of Malaysia's financial system.
YOUR NEW WORK
The designated Chief Engineer provides deep technical expertise and is tasked with the overall responsibility for the planning, design, implementation, operations and on-going maintenance of the new Data Center and Campus networks.
- Overall lead in a cross-functional team (consisting of network, storage, compute, security) which will be leading the planning, design, implementation, operations of our Future State Architecture (FSA).
- Future State Architecture will cover the following minimally: product selection of routers/ switches/ firewalls/ intrusion prevention systems, physical and logical placement of network/ security elements, IP address planning, network segmentation for the various environments (Dev, UAT, Prod), structuring the monitoring/ management/ backup planes and WAN circuit rationalization.
- Overall lead for the detailed planning and execution of the multi-year phased services migration (JomPAY, FPX, DuitNow et al) to the Future State Architecture with minimal downtime.
- Keep abreast on emerging network technologies which may be appropriate for adoption which would supplement our agility and provide the foundation to execute organization goals in an expedited manner.
- Coordinates and plans work packages for technical network operations and project execution for team members within the department / Information Services Division.
- Acts as the technical lead for the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of any BAU network solution and implementation (across various layers).
- May lead network integration with external entities to ensure a successful implementation, when necessary.
- Participates in any computer emergency response team in response to various security incidents such as denial of service attacks, malware infestations and internal fraud attempts.
- To build the foundation to facilitate automated and hitless firmware updates across the infrastructure.
- To build and enhance the network monitoring capability: capacity, response, jitter and service degradation.
- To maintain an accurate record reflecting the current and historical network settings including the decision making rationale for said configuration.
- To inculcate the best practices, operational discipline and guidelines across the team.
- To participate in yearly audit exercises and ensure requirements are adhered to at all times.
- To participate in other working groups of small projects undertaken by the division on issues with regards to Network Architecture & Design. Mentor to other team members.
- Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a high-pressured System Integrator environment.
- CCIE certification in the RS / SP or DC vertical would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the IT banking and Telecommunications sector would be an added advantage.
- Expert level knowledge across the Cisco R&S portfolio: Catalyst, Nexus 9K, ACI, ISR, ASR.
- Expert level knowledge for integrating 3rd party security elements: FWs, IPS, WAF, Load Balancers. Extremely experienced architecting and designing from ground zero a resilient, highly available and low latency infrastructure which is capable of transacting millions of financial transactions.
- Extensive implementation experience with: HSRP, VLAN, 802.1Q, 802.1x, 802.11, STP, VTP, CDP, OSPF, BGP, BFD, IP-SLA, DNS, NSR, NSF, IPSEC, ARP, MAC, MPLS, VRF, VRF-Lite, NAT, OTV, VDC, ECMP, asymmetric routing, best path selection, stateful firewalling and graceful recovery.
- Implementation experience with Cloud offerings from AWS/ GCP/ CloudFlare/ Akamai such as Route53, ELB, DirectConnect would be an advantage.
- Effective communication skills.
- Extremely diligent, fine eye for details, supreme problem solving capabilities and a team player.
- Acts with Integrity & Professionalism
- Fosters Collaboration
- Strives for Excellence
- Embraces Change & Innovation
- Focuses on Customer
- Effective and Open Communication
- Demonstrates Strategic Thinking & Action
- Develops & Empowers Talent
- Acts for the Greater Good
Industry: Financial Services
Location: Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
Nationality: The role is for local candidates only
Please get in touch - I'd be glad to talk to you further about this role.
Angel Felismino | email@example.com | 010 524 2576
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.