About the client
Our client is an innovative software business who is looking for a well-spoken commercial counsel to cover exciting contract negotiations in the APAC business, contributing to the strategy of the organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who can add value to the business.
About the role
- Be hands-on in the negotiation of various forms of agreements, particularly in procurement and partnership agreements
- Structure, negotiate and close commercial agreements, bespoke agreements etc including managing transactions and contractual processes in accordance with applicable policies.
- Counsel, advise, and provide legal consultation to address complex issues to both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- 8-12 PQE (Common law qualified) Lawyer experience is desired
- A combination of private practice (Preferably in Corporate / Capital markets) & in-house (Preferably in Tech MNCs) experience would be ideal to excel in this role
- The incumbent should be hungry to learn and passionate about the technology sector
- Having had extensive experience in negotiating with players in the tech industry would be desired, experience with open source technology is a bonus
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and is a self-starter
- Language skills - Mandarin would be a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with different stakeholders and the ability to meet business deadlines
- Willingness to travel overseas for work
About the culture
- The team consists of astute lawyers who find it in their calling to bring value to the technology space. The business employs cutting edge technology, hence, only desire to work with like minded lawyers who can hold their weight in negotiations
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.