About the client
Leading global technology and manufacturing MNC with their APAC head office in Singapore
About the role
Responsible for setting up the corporate secretarial function this is a hands-on role suitable for someone who is experienced in corporate secretarial matters and can deal with senior stakeholders across the region.
- Managing and taking responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive company secretarial and governance service, advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a wide range of company law, regulatory and governance issues.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and ensuring that the company remains compliant with applicable laws/regulations.
- Maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory forms.
- Assisting in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation such as powers of attorney and letters of representation.
- Organising and being responsible for Board and Committee meetings, including preparing agendas, collating and circulating Board/Committee papers and preparing minutes for all Boards and Committee meetings as required.
- Assisting in initiatives around enhancing the quality of the Board/Committee materials and educating the producers of materials in how to write and deliver quality reports.
- Ensuring the appropriate adherence by the Board and its Committees to the Articles and relevant Terms of Reference, and maintaining and updating them as appropriate
- On-boarding new directors and identifying and arranging training for the directors/committee members according to their needs
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate/engage with (and become a trusted adviser to) various stakeholders across the region.
- Highly motivated self-starter with gravitas to maintain credibility with different stakeholders.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Well organised with good attention to detail.
- Proven experience in a company / corporate secretarial role
- ICSA qualified or graduate with law degree.
EA Registration Number: R1871862
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105