Reporting into the Regional Managing Director, the Contracts Manager will be responsible for the contract management lifecycle for all contracts across the Africa region to ensure the delivery of the company's projects in line with the overall strategic plans.
The Contracts Manager will be part of a wider Contracts team that is responsible for the process improvement and contract administration related to the company's service contacts. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all contractual communications and claims processes are compliant.
Travel across Africa will be expected with this role.
- Identify, develop and implement country and company-wide business processes changes and improvements
- Work with Contracts Director to expand the competency and understanding of contract document content, structure and development
- Negotiate, draft and finalise new and revised customer service contracts in coordination with Legal and Finance departments
- Ensure contract accuracy and completeness in line with contract administration activities such as chargebacks, returns and rebates
- Liaise with the business in cases of high-risk contract terms and required contract approvals in compliance with the Delegation of Authority
- Identify, review and mitigate financial, legal, and commercial risks in consultation with the relevant subject matter experts
- Administer the service contracts against agreed terms and conditions
- Ensure that contractual obligations are performed, properly documented and closely followed up
- Take the lead in resolving both internal and customer contract issues
- Evaluate, mitigate and determine customer claims in a timely and effective manner
- Prepare and control all contractual correspondences in consultation with Legal
- Provide consultative advice to the Management and Project Teams on contractual matters
- Contribute to the processing of payment applications
- Translation to English, where required, of all contractual documentation to high standard
- Understand the placing and operation of insurance policies related to Projects undertaken
- Strong track record of proven contract administration and management experience on large-scale complex projects within construction or related industries
- Excellent document drafting and contract formation skills
- Experience of claims investigation and resolution, with strong negotiation skills and an understanding of what can realistically be achieved
- Experience working in Africa or other emerging markets projects with government entities
- High fluency in both English and French (written and spoken)