About the company
One of the well-known & rapidly growing technology companies headquartered in the US. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders.
About the role
This is a sole data privacy counsel role reporting into the Chief Privacy Officer in the HQ. You will be the 'go to' person for all privacy matters in the APAC.
- Participate in the development of the Group's privacy strategy to meet changing global privacy requirements, in particular to the APAC region
- Work closely with the stakeholders to implement and deploy updates to the privacy strategy
- Develop, maintain and communicate privacy policies and procedures as part of the ongoing evolution
- Draft and negotiate privacy terms as well as provide guidance to the legal team and to business partners
- Assist with ongoing review and update of internal trainings on legal and regulatory requirements relating to privacy, as well as best practices
- Common Law qualified Lawyer with between 3 years - 9 years post qualification experience
- At least 3 years of data privacy experience
- Exposure to global privacy laws will be a plus
- CIPP certification will be a plus
- Able to work independently or in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and grow with the business
- Japanese Language skills would be an advantage
- Technology industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
For more information, please contact Rinku at email@example.com or apply below to register your interest.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA Licence Number: 16S8140
EA Registration Number: R1982285
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.