One of the biggest apparel company is currently looking for a Data Scientist/ Supply Chain Analyst for its regional office in Hong Kong.
Purpose of the role is to bring support to the Planning Director and support the analysis of production planning (PP) activities in the apparel supply chain organisation.
Based on supply plan forecasts, the activity consists of applying machine learning principles for the optimisation of supply planning. And therefore, leverage internal and external data to the real-world business situations.
Teaming up with a data analyst, you will help the business to make decision based on data insights that you provide. Collecting the requirements from the business lines, building dashboard, automate the reports and guide the stakeholders on the current activity, you are a key factor of the data strategy.
Career path: depending on how you have contributed to the business on the first year, you can become the pillar of a new data science/analyst team.
- Manage and update the monthly supply and production reports supporting the PP Manager
- Improve the current reporting tools and solutions
- Support the Production Manager in the centralisation of the statistical forecast, managing different production countries worldwide (monthly analysis of the statistical forecast)
- Support the PP in innovation projects (ML algorithm for NPI, multivariate forecasting, time series clustering) that aim to reach a new maturity level in the statistical forecasting across the company
- Support the PP team for ad-hoc analysis
- Support PP in bringing innovation in the Supply Chain
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer Science
- Excel skills and SQL are a must and some fair command of Python for automation
- Skilled with statistical tools / computational software: R and Matlab
- Any experience in modern dashboard is a plus: Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview
- Experience in data analysis for Supply Chain/Retail/FMCG is preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts and capability to understand how this model can be applied in real business situations
- Able to act as an interface between business and external tech consultant, representing the business during all phase of the projects
- Fluent English (oral and written)
Interested by this description? Would you like to know more?
Next steps are to apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or through WhatsApp on +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.