One of the largest conglomerate in Hong Kong, they operate in Southeast and in Mainland China Asia and provide a large range of products in several sectors: health &beauty, property investment, telecommunication, financial services, engineering and construction and food retailing.
They want to leverage their consumer data to bring cross business initiatives.
In a small Digital team (Group level), this suitable candidate is a key member of the transformation across different business. As an individual contributor, purpose of the role is to unify different data analytics strategies across the group entities.
Close to the business leadership and very customer focused (B2B and B2C), you will be responsible to bring a vision and also guide each business onto the implementation.
Focusing on data analytics, other project may include CRM, data visualisation, data science, Business Intelligence, automation and data platform/cloud.
- Advise senior stakeholders on the roadmap and data strategy
- Work closely with different business functions to understand the business initiatives at both BU and group level
- Collect analytics requirements from business and decide the analytics approach to answer business question and support business decision making
- Improve the quality of analytics solutions
- Understand customer and market trends, and provide advice on relevant emerging technology tools and platforms
- Assist and advise on the data project implementation
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, applied mathematics or statistics
- Between 12+ and 20 years of overall experience
- Preference for Strategy/Consulting background within a data team
- A first experience in-house is a plus
- Fluent in English. Mandarin and Cantonese are mandatory.
- Good background in Data analytics/Data science: a modelling/analysis/statistics role with Python, R and open source AI/big data technologies (Kubertnetes, Tensorflow, XGBoost, scikit-learn), model tree and random forest
- Good knowledge of Cloud technologies are a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and change-management skills
- Comfortable in internal customer-facing role
- Able to distil complex results or processes into simple, clear visualisations
- Able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Able to build things and comfortably working with modern development tools
- Understand the modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and can translate this into business implications for the senior stakeholders
- Understand the modern cognitive computing techniques and the best applications of them