About Our Client
A global chemical manufacturing company is now looking for a Financial Controller to support their plant controlling & finance activities. They are the world's number 1 producer of solvents for consumer goods customers, with plants in 50 countries worldwide.
An amazing opportunity for a talented manufacturing FP&A to join a highly dynamic and international team in a role that offers growth opportunity where you will enjoy new challenges. You will be reporting directly to APAC Controller in Singapore and indirectly reporting to the MD in Thailand.
- Oversee plant financial reporting processes including data submission to Corporate to ensure the integrity of financial statement submissions.
- Analyze plant capital budgets to ensure consistency with capital policy and achievement of financial results.
- Analyze financial and statistical reports that reflect plant financial position and KPI's, perform cost and operating variance analyses to identify root causes in variances and partner with other managers to identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual forecast/planning exercises between the plant and Corporate support to assess, detect and adjust to financial trends.
- Direct plant-wide inventory control and management and perform analysis of variance identified during inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory to maintain inventory costs to budgeted levels.
- Oversee plant-wide product costing and annual standard setting process to ensure that profit margins meet company expectations for product sold.
- Facilitate the annual audit process for the plant with corporate accounting personnel.
- Continuously seek to maximize resources and provide guidance on data analytics and plant metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA designation is preferred (MBA is a plus)
- 10+ years minimum years of management experience in Finance and Accounting within a manufacturing operations environment
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing data analytics, cost accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) is required
- Demonstrated solid analytical, planning, organizing and interpretive skills are essential
- Familiarity with ERP system conversion and SAP is preferred
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.