Are you an immediately available Chartered Accountant with experience of working in the Banking sector? If so, this contract opportunity could ideal for you.
Our client are a leading investment bank that are looking to bring in a big 4 trained tenured Accountant to assist with their technical financial reporting, The role with include some of the following duties -
* Develop, monitor and review control activities performed e.g. journal controls, day
to day control over balance sheet and P&L, account reconciliations, etc.
* Monthly consolidation and reporting to the Parent Company
* Co-ordinate the production of accurate monthly and year-end Statutory Accounts and
Annual Report for all UK entities on a timely basis
* Ensure all tax reporting requirements are met, including operational and fiscal
* Handle the Implementation of new products including associated accounting treatment
* Assist with other Finance projects as they arise.
* Build effective working relationships with business and other support functions
* Endeavour to minimize processing and enhance efficiency through the use of
electronic data. This will include improving and developing existing manual
processes in the financial and regulatory reporting team.
* Train and develop junior members of the team by improving system and process
You will likely be a big four trained accountant with at least 5years' experience within the Banking industry. The role will pay circa £80k, though there may be flexibility depending upon experience.
Please apply swiftly as this role will interview and start within the next 10 days.