FP&A manager / job Description;
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to subordinate and employees performing diverse roles within large sites.
- This includes establishing plans/objectives, supervise FP&A and costing team and developing policies for the function/unit.
- Accountable for projects or programs on a multi-functional, national, or regional basis.
- Work is guided by broad site objectives and corporate policy.
- Work requires developing solutions, precedents, and/or policies.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and sets goals to achieve objectives.
- Establishes long-term plans/objectives and recommends changes to policies.
- Develops department budgets and goals.
- Has overall responsibility for business process for the organization.
- Sound decisions are essential for the overall success of functional, division, or company operations.
- Provides direct supervision to others, or indirect through subordinate supervisors, and coordinates the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- Reviews employees' performance and recommends employee compensation; coaches for improved performance and disciplines as necessary.
- Builds cross-functional relationships where persuasive skills, negotiation skills, and considerable tact are required to gain support. Interacts regularly with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
- Maintains positive relationships with key internal and external customers who have a significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Performs tasks to, the following:
- Manages FP&A staff and costing staff within the department.
- Staffs the department, assigns work, reviews performance and addresses performance issues.
- Provides daily leadership, coaching, and development to team members.
- Responsible to set team goals and to communicate and monitor these goals to ensure targets are achieved.
- Reviews and interpret monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal reporting purposes.
- Do analysis and forecast figures of various business units.
- Responsible to manage site/regional/corporate accounting, costing and reporting processes.
- Manages integration of site(s) to ensure they understand the financial reporting, forecasting, costing and accounting requirements.
- Provide input to the corporate accounting policies and ensure that the site/region/business unit understands and implements these policies.
- Provides first line support to site/regional financial teams on complex reporting or accounting issues as they arise.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of financial forecast, costing and managerial accounting
- Broad knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment and processes.
- Good understanding of integrated business applications ie SAP
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Work proactively and provide recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- 9+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related fields.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.