About the Company
One of the global leaders in energy and automation solutions. You will be responsible for the business in South East Asia region. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders.
About the role
You will be working as part of a team and reporting into the Deputy Group General Counsel based in Singapore
- Manage the legal affairs of all business entities in the Zone and build / lead the local legal team to provide legal services as a true business partner
- Provide quality and timely legal advice to the business in areas such as: Contract review, drafting and negotiation complex commercial contracts; general commercial transactions; disputes and litigation;
- Ensure full compliance with other statutory obligations esp those originating from the EU including Loi Sapin II, GDPR
- Manage use of and relations with external legal advisers
- Participate in and drive strategic projects as required.
- Provide strategic advice to the business as and when required
- Responsibility for global / regional projects as and when they arise
- Support company secretarial functions (as and when required by Corporate)
- Bachelor's Degree in law or equivalent
- 10 + years of post-qualification experience
- To provide legal advice and support to each separate business unit in the region.
- Agile and flexible in work ethic with ability to drive and deploy change management effectively
- Efficient and Effective with demonstrable success in building rapport with business leaders remotely within a complex organizational structure
- Demonstrated strength with remote team leadership and development and able to work cross borders remotely
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, for liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to drive, negotiate and implement global or regional commercial contracts
- You must be someone with initiative, energy and a willingness to learn and provide commercial solutions to the business
- A regional and commercial perspective is essential to manage various internal stakeholders
- Able to work independently and as part of a small team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
EA Registration Number: R1656454
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105