About Our Client
A well-established Japanese automotive manufacturer is now looking for a General Manager of Finance & Accounting to lead their team at their plants in Chonburi.
In this role, you will be leading a team of 10+ accountants and reporting directly to Plant General Manager and Japanese Vice President.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, AR, AP, GL, Inventory & Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage month-end closing and prepare monthly financial statements and other operational reports for site
- Analyze variances and communicates explanations to management with recommended actions
- Prepare forecasts of income statement, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows for the Plant
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, country or corporate objectives
- Integrates and trains new staff while leading the continued professional development of the existing team
- Shares best practices across global finance team, e.g. process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes
- Provides proactive consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders used to drive business decisions
- Collaborates with Plant General Manager, and senior management to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis
- Monitor and implement plant internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Ensures proper accounting in accordance with J-SOX and local GAAP
- Accounting Principles as well as local statutory requirements
- Estimate product costs to support quoting activities
- Execute other ad-hoc projects as assigned
- A Thai national with at least a bachelor's degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 20+ years of work experience in a similar role, preferably from Japanese automotive industry with a plant size of 500+ headcounts
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in J-SOX, local GAAP, financial controlling, financial reporting and financial analysis
- A mature, trusted, transparent and detailed orient team lead with good people management skills
- Stability and career longevity is most desirable; you need to stay in each company for at least 3 years while few minor exceptions are accepted upon a discussion
- Good command of English and a native speaker of Thai
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.