A well renowned global fashion brand is searching Head of Buying for APAC region, reports directly to Managing Director and leads a team of buying.
· Drive and communicate merchandising strategies and business opportunities.
· Provide line input to ensure appropriate development for APAC according to and collaboration with headquarters
· Responsible for strategic planning and implementing action plans in order to achieve business objective and improve sell-through
· Monitor sell-through and make relevant suggestions on replenishments or stock movements throughout retail stores and to ensure a healthy merchandising mix
· Review OTB budget and submit for senior management approval and work with local team in terms of setting budget and sales forecasting
· Make buying decisions according to corporate guideline, company business strategies and past history. Drive assortment flow needs, according to channel and within context of corporate strategy; communicate changes and impacts cross-functionally
· Attend buying trips and regular market / store visits overseas
· Work with related departments to develop and oversee the implementation of strategic initiatives designed to drive growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and operation efficiency and productivity
· Work closely with Training, Retail Operations, marketing and visual merchandising to deliver strong brand presentation and boost sales.
· Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12+ years of experience in a merchandising or buying, with solid working experience in sizable fashion brands.
· 5+ years of managerial experience.
· Team-oriented & collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships.
· Ability to influence business decisions with internal & external partners.
· Extremely self driven and capability to cope with rapid market expansion.
· Strong analytical, excel skills and presentation skills.
· Bilingual language skills in English and Mandarin is must.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Wing Yip at firstname.lastname@example.org
More exciting opportunities may be found on the Argyll Scott website at www.argyllscott.com.hk