Argyll Scott is helping the client looking for Head of Platform. This role will responsible for establishment, deliver and refine an engineering road map to ensure that all platforms and products remain current, delivers value to development teams and supports the needs of internal stakeholders in terms of scalability, resilience, security, capacity and operational maintenance.
* To line manage a team of engineers to deliver the technical roadmap agreed with the business. This is expected to be full lifecycle analysis, including the use of external services and software as well as any custom built applications within the team
* To ensure that the platforms remain current and efficient. This involves identifying areas of development that require significant engineering activity, establishing an appropriate programme of work or roadmap and executing it
* To ensure that the infrastructure is developed in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms with appropriate levels of resilience and performance.
* To specify the requirements for the platform and work with suppliers to ensure they meet the company needs for efficient and robust delivery of Internet Services to help maintain its leadership in delivering innovation
* To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance to the company, and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed
* To anticipate product features by tracking dependent product strategies, eliciting stakeholder input, monitoring industry advancements and collecting business needs
* To ensure the various systems built on the platform by the business are coherent and to actively identify and deliver common elements
* To contribute to the portfolio and delivery planning for Internet Infrastructure
* To provide consultancy and technical design expertise across as required to support management teams and general development activities in building complex, dynamic web applications.
* To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. This will include technical, operational and editorial staff in Future Media, staff in other departments and divisions, as well as third parties
* To work with the technical teams, product owners and 3rd party supplier to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with the technical strategy
* To assist with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams
* Extensive technical knowledge of a broad range of platforms, web-based distribution and streaming including defining product roadmaps and long-term plans
* Demonstrable in depth knowledge and first hand experience with modern complex development tool chains, bug tracking systems, continuous integration and version control systems in both commercial and open source/agile settings
* Track record of specifying, developing and delivering software applications in a range of standards and languages
* Strong and demonstrable software development and release engineering skills. The ability to do so in distributed environments and/or environments without direct line management or without intense face to face contact is valuable
* Demonstrable knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of the internet infrastructure
* Experience of successfully engaging senior management and groups of stakeholders including 3rd party suppliers
* Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment
* Working knowledge of Programme Management, e.g. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Prince2, Open Source development processes and/or agile project management tools and methodologies
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.