Argyll Scott is partnering with an expanding life insurer to look for a head of risk.
- Oversee a robust and risk-based framework for corporate governance and risk management covering accountabilities, reporting and controls
- Enhance and maintain a risk management environment that ensures risks taken by the function are identified, assessed and frequently monitored, managed and reported against
- Oversee risk issues and liaise closely with Board Audit / Risk Committee, I/ALCO and RMC etc.
- Ensure appropriate levels of risk skills and experience within the team to support consistent risk management practices
- Create and deliver effective training and enhancing awareness around related risk areas to foster the organization's understanding and management of the risks that the business is exposed to
- Provide advice and guidance to the business to support risk appetite setting and maintain a control environment to ensure that risk managed within appetite
- Ensure material changes to the relevant policies and procedures are communicated and embedded into business unit
- Relevant University Degree with professional insurance/risk/compliance/audit qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of working insurance and minimum 5 years of Risk/Audit/Internal Controls/Compliance experience in Life Insurance
- Strong knowledge of enterprise risk management, internal control, corporate governance practices and regulatory requirements
- Strong relationship management/ customer service through personal impact and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to influence key decisions, mediate conflicts and build consensus covering presentation, planning and organisation skills
- Full proficiency in English required, fluency in Cantonese and/ or Mandarin is essential
Please apply directly or email your CV to Karen Yung at kyung <@> argyllscott.com.hk for this position.