We are looking for a dynamic Store Development leader to join one of the most well known mass brands internationally. We want YOU if you have the following:
- Revitalize the company's Malaysia's store development strategy and store network to deepen the companys' foothold into the Malaysian market and support further business growth as the No.1 apparel company in Malaysia.
- Execute the company's's Store Development Strategy with regards to Roadside store, Standalone store, Flagship store concept
Strategic Planning and Analysis Skills
- Able to build the end game store network for our business, assess candidate projects and be able to formulate strategies that are suitable for our business model
- Execute strategy in an effective matter which may entail dealing with out of scope matters; the person should be able to pick up and resolve issues by working with other department members or management
- Analyze and advise legal risk in the Lease / Tenancy Agreement and prescribe countermeasures.
- Analyze the business reports regularly, understand the challenges of the local business with regards to our Global Direction, and prescribe countermeasures and propose improvement points to management
Store Development Process
- Tailor-make a store development strategy for the country while adhering to Global Store Development Standards suitable for the country business stage.
- Advocate of the store development strategy to global headquarters and management members to enhance approval.
- Spokesperson of the store development strategy to team members and external stakeholders to enable execution.
- As a spokesperson of FR Global Standards to negotiate to the best (commercially as well as legally) for our business needs and local market challenge.
Network, Teamwork and Management Skills
Relationship with Industry
- Able to represent the company's as the key strategic partner when facing external stakeholders
- Able to build mature relationships with landlords, developers, land owners, investors, bankers, and negotiate equally as a key representative of the company's.
- Possess a Mature, Reliable and Dynamic Personality
- Able to build strong relationships with management and other departments, ensure sufficient time for communication and countermeasure on every situation. Adopting a consultative approach
- To build a trusting relationship with leasing members, empower and motivate them. Adopting a win-win situation for all
- Minimum 12 years of experience within the Retail Management Space. Key exposure should include Retail Leasing, Strategic Expansion, Store Development (Scrap and Build, Renovation etc)
- Degree in Retail/Property Management, Real Estate, Building Management or Business equivalent
- Possess a wide range of network with Developers, land owners, Retail Property Owners
- Proven ability to lead and develop a diverse group of direct reports
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the need to work across boundaries, locally and regionally
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.