Corporate Affairs responsibilities
Provides strategic leadership in respect to Government, Patient Advocacy Group, Media, Industry Associations and other access related customers such as: NGOs, Think Tanks, Politicians, Professional Associations etc. to ensure North Africa countries meet their strategic business goals and financial objectives
Government and Corporate Affairs:
Establishes and maintain positive relationships at all levels of government, public services and other authorities to help advance the organization's business interests. Analyzes and evaluates the impact of government policy and regulation on the organizations activities and objectives
Develops a strong network (government and industry) to help company policy changes, analyze and better understand policies under development, and ultimately help design and implement strategies and plans that aim to improve the environment for the pharmaceutical industry and company
Develops and implements key government advocacy programs including enhancing innovation and providing expertise, creating and driving Public Private Partnerships to enhance and strengthen image as key partner to authorities in Healthcare discussions
Brand Corporate Affairs :To develop and execute Brand Public Affairs strategies and access tools/programs on priority brands in collaboration with the Country management teams
- Create and maintain win-win partnership with key stakeholders to enable the achievement of country Brand CA and Access strategies and ensure key stakeholders' insights are embedded in Brand Plans/PAP Strategies development by the Marketing team.
- Develop relationships with key customers/payers in the cluster to enable achievement of product access goals.
Communication & Media Relations: Designs and implements strategies and plans to help drive both, environment and government policies and the innovative industry, as well as to help increase awareness/positive public perception of Pfizer key therapeutic areas of expertise
- Develops and implement communication strategies and programs by developing and maintaining relations with media, opinion leaders and academics
- Develops strong, mutual and long-term relation with medical press and other media channels based on developing awareness and patients' benefits including government officials and Key healthcare authorities and regulators.
- Develops a database of trained KOLs and advocates who can deal with different media outlets professionally.
- Provides the appropriate and consistent media coverage to marketing and medical activities
- Identifies issues or needs with Key products from communications perspective i.e. brand awareness and market expansion through Direct To Consumer and media communication activities
- Designs, develops, directs and controls organization's public relations strategy to enhance the organization's reputation with the public, the media and employees. Has ultimate accountability for the public relation's function.
Patient Advocacy Affairs: to design and implement strategies and plans (targeting patient representative bodies/groups) which leverage 3rd party patient support within the demand realization process and the uptake of innovative products.
- Advocate Identification/development
- Advocacy Training/Education
- 3rd Party Lobby/endorsement
- Interest Group Relations (neutralize negatives)
Public Relations/Community Affairs: to design and implement strategies and plans (targeting local community stakeholders) those reinforce as a good corporate citizen/neighbour and help to support the operations of the business.
- Philanthropic Activities (including charitable donations /events )
- VIP visit coordination (domestic and international
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An advanced Degree in Health Sciences (MPharm/ MBChB/ MSc), Commerce (MCom) or Business Administration (MBA)
- Excellent knowledge of the healthcare system and its major players and decision-makers in North Africa is required
A successful track record with 8-10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Business, H&V or public affaires.
Expects candidate to demonstrate the following technical skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and lead teams
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with top level government officials across the political spectrum and with association leaders
- Related experience and extensive knowledge of government and decision makers.
- Able to engage comfortably and confidently with government decision makers and other relevant stakeholders at the highest level. The engagement will range from formal public presentations to smaller group or individual meetings.
- Expertise in Payer management policies, access mechanisms and trends
- Strong and demonstrated negotiation skills with external access stakeholders
- External multi-stakeholder mapping, action planning and engagement
- Proven track record of innovation
- Excellent Analytical and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, prioritisation and project management skills
- Previous experience in Vaccines is preferred
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.