About the company
One of the leading Insurance providers with operations in Asia. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with the business on the implementation of their new investment platform across APAC
About the role
You will be the sole lawyer overseing the implementation of the new investment platform for the business and deal with any legal matters that arise
- Drafting & reviewing a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor and software agreements
- Assistance in any potential or on-going litigation process as a result of the project
- Advise on fund structures and investment legal matters both extenrally and internally
- Be the key touch point for any regualtory investment legal issues and work to mitage risk through project delivery cycle
- Keep abreast of industry developments and actively monitor legal trends, so as to anticipate the business impact of regulatory changes, prepare appropriate responses and support the business in defining actions as seen fit.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, work well under pressure and run multiple matters concurrently
- Perform other responsibilities and duties assigned by the General Counsel in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- Singapore qualified (preferred - common law qualified considered) with about 5 - 7 years' experience
- Some in -house experience along with at least 2 -3 years in private practice (ideally)
- Prior experience within asset / investment management is mandatory
- You must be someone confident and comfortable to bring about changes in the system.
- Proactive with new ideas & suggestions; able to think outside the box
- You are will a legal business partner and someone comfortable building relationships
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent command of English and ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Able to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT ROLE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION
EA Registration Number: R1871862
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105