About the company
One of the global leaders in design, engineering and construction, with over 6,000 employees operating in over 30 countries worldwide. You will be responsible for the business in the APAC region. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders.
About the Role
This is an APAC focused role and reports to the General Counsel in Singapore. An exciting opportunity for a junior - mid level counsel who will be able to gain mentorship and will be exposed to regional work with a high-growth company.
- Review, draft and negotiate on commercial/construction transactional documents, contracts and tenders for EPC, EPCM, EPCC, FIDIC, joint ventures, projects for engineering and construction projects
- Identify and assist the project teams to navigate potential and actual disputes and claims
- Assist with the management and coordination of formal dispute proceedings
- Assist to implement appropriate compliance procedures (anti-corruption, data protection, corporate governance)
- Assist with compliance training for the business teams
- Assist with compliance investigations as and when these arise
- Such other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Common Law qualified lawyer with 4 -6 years pqe, to support new and ongoing matters and projects in the APAC region
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, for liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Mandarin skills are a MUST for the role (ideally able to draft and review in Mandarin)
- You must be someone with initiative, energy and a willingness to learn and provide commercial solutions to the business
- A regional and commercial perspective is essential to manage various internal stakeholders
- Able to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
- An ability to perform under pressure, cope with voluminous contracts and meet tight deadlines
EA Registration Number: R1871862
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105