About the company
One of the leading Insurance providers with operations in Asia. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with the business.
About the role
A great opportunity to learn and grow with the business, reporting to the General Counsel. This role covers Singapore and Brunei.
- To support the general counsel, in overseeing the legal matters in the business in Singapore and Brunei
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts, including insurance across the different departments in the business
- Oversee and manage a strong corporate governance framework and provide support to the other relevant departments in the business
- Advice and coordinate with external counsel on any potential or on-going contentious matters
- keep abreast of industry developments and actively monitor legal trends, so as to anticipate the business impact of regulatory changes, prepare appropriate responses and support the business in defining actions as seen fit.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, work well under pressure and run multiple matters concurrently
- Perform other responsibilities and duties assigned by the General Counsel in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- Singapore qualified with about 5 - 7 years' experience
- Some in -house experience along with at least 2 -3 years in private practice
- Prior experience at a major financial institution or insurance company is beneficial but not essential
- You must be someone confident and comfortable to bring about changes in the system.
- Proactive with new ideas & suggestions; able to think outside the box
- You are will a legal business partner and someone comfortable building relationships
- Excellent command of English and ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Able to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
EA Registration Number: R1656454
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105