Purpose of the Role
Work in partnership with the business by providing constructive challenge and making full contribution to the management of the business and achievement of strategic objectives.
Provide commercial and financial support and advice to the business, on strategic and operational decision making, through forward-looking and commercial insights that raise the standards in key decision areas to drive better business performance and profitability.
Acts as a link between the business and Finance department.
- Facilitate and manage respective business' budgets
- Provide the business with comprehensive, high quality strategic commercial information and insights based on industry and macro-economic trends and competitor dynamics.
- Implement measures and report on key indicators which drive the business.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations for the business to take proactive business decisions.
- Drive the financial aspects of the business' strategic plans, budgets, estimates and forecasts whilst ensuring alignment to the business.
- Conduct risk assessments, evaluations and scenario planning e.g. production breakdowns to proactively anticipate and manage risks.
- Proactively work with non-finance stakeholders to ensure the Finance function is embedded in the business and provide value adding and innovative financial advice.
- Provide exhaustive profitability reporting to allow topline improvements and margin enhancements
- Prepare management reports focussing on quality improvement and bottomline enhancements
- Provide periodic and regular commentary on variances from budget and report significant issues to the business
- Provide end-to-end financial advisory to the business.
- Identify gaps and opportunities leading to cost savings, efficiency gains and improved performance
- Provide relevant and pragmatic insights and analysis to improve the strategic and operational resource allocation process
- Provide key Management information to the business to make improvements, bringing new innovative ideas to the team and business
- Work closely with the commercial leaders and business to drive improved performance
- Perform investment appraisals and post implementation reviews to ensure alignment with overall business strategies
- Develop scorecards or relevant analytical reports for business performance review
- Ensure effective internal controls in the business ensuring that there are checks and balances in the system.
- Support and drive Commercial projects from Region or HQ such as Value Management, ROIC, LEAN and AOCM.
- Obtain, share and implement best practices from/with other countries.
- Take a lead role to drive optimisation of the Operating Cost Model in the respective business and to constantly look for ways on more effective and efficient spending.
Functional stakeholders; Internal audit; Regional finance; Finance team; External auditors
Customer/Consumer Focus; Business understanding; Controlling; Commercial finance; Driving and Managing Change; Driving for Results; Performance management; Strategic financial planning
In-depth understanding of all the accounting and finance functions
International financial reporting standards and economics
Understanding of the regulations/reporting for public listed company
SAP and proficient in spreadsheet designs for analysis
Lead projects and motivate people & cross functional teams
Business oriented mindset
Perseverance and adaptability to build and maintain influence
Curiosity to stay abreast with developments in the Company, industry and economy
What's Great About This
This role has high-impact and high-value to the business
This role is an individual contributor but will work closely with Sales & Marketing team
The selected candidate will get Contractual and Performance Bonuses
Please get in touch - I'd be glad to talk to you further about this role.
Angel Felismino | firstname.lastname@example.org | 010 524 2576
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.