Oracle Database Administrator
As an Oracle Database Administrator, you will be responsible to support the regional database infrastructure in relation of performance, integrity and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
Apart of that, you will need to have hands on experience in processing automations as a routine work (BAU).
Ensuring the SOP are as SOP and integrity are always being maintained. Lastly your role requires you manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
You'll ensure that:
- data remains consistent across the database
- data is clearly defined
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Ensure Web and Middleware patching is completed as per Regional patch advisory
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Monitor and develop database performance profiles and tuning databases for optimum performance
- Conduct periodic audit review and ensure baselines/policies are adhered for all Regional business databases.
- Maintain high security metric score for patching and database baseline is always met.
- Database licensing requirements is always complied.
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years' experience working on Database infrastructure.
- Skillset: Oracle Database, Postgres or DB2 databases.
- Strong physical database design skills
- Database Performance tuning
- Scripting Language: UNIX shell, SQL and Windows PowerShell.
- Working experience with Database High Availability.
- Good knowledge on Database compression and partitioning
- Working experience with Database HW/Platform Migration
- Experience in Project Management
Interested, kindly email your CV to email@example.com.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.