Our client is a SaaS-based, global leader in fraud protection and guaranteed e-commerce payment solutions. They are looking for energetic new talent to help execute on their plans for innovation, growth and expansion.
The Singapore office is seeking a focused and organization individual to take on the new role of Partnerships Development Director, Asia-Pacific Region
About the role:
- The Partnerships Development Director, Asia-Pacific Region will be primarily responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and managing strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals. Digital Partnerships works in Product and Solutions teams (functions and services).
- As one of the key sales leads, you will be responsible for engaging the wider ecosystem to identify, engage and execute a series of partnerships to complement product suite. You will work closely with Product & Solutions verticals to help craft product strategy and ensure that we procure and maintain a market leading suite of solutions for Issuing, Acquiring, Merchants Platform, VAS - for clients through external partnerships.
- You will be required to source, market, approach, engage and secure contracts with all manner of digital solution providers playing in the payments ecosystem today.
- You will be responsible for scaling the use of risk products and solutions with new acquiring and issuing business - virtual banks, digital enablers and large-scale platforms with material merchant or consumer customer bases.
- You will work closely with market teams to identify key partners, build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and execute against these to drive net revenue from these new issuance deals.
- You will be an enabler for in-market Digital Partnerships teams/resources, maintaining and disseminating deal best practices, engagement approach, contracting and reporting support as well as own the engagement and sales approach with large scale AP regional players.
- You will be required to drive pipeline development and pipeline review process in the country. Lead regular pipeline review and problem-solving sessions with the client and help problem solve when client plans are not progressing per plan.
- The position will require a structured and programmatic approach to building and broadening relationships with key players in the region and aligned into the overall commercialization plans for the partner. A key measure of success in this role will be not just the partnerships signed directly, but the number and quality of partnerships signed over time by 'in-market' resources as a consequence of engagement, training, best practice and thought leadership shown by the successful candidate in this role.
- Bringing a structured and programmatic approach to partner business development and relationship management
- Leading the program delivery related to the sectors (e.g. pricing, specification, and implementation of new programs)
- Leading the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic partners
- Continuously reviewing client and market landscape and recommending, developing, and implementing new and creative approaches that ensures that the client's business objectives are met as well as grow business
- Identifying a pipeline of strategic partners to complement the company's suite of solutions
- Making investment recommendations as well as building commercial partnership structures to drive integration with fintech ecosystem
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of experience and at least 5+ years of experience in the payments industry, preferably in product development, product management & strategy
- Experience and connectivity in the APAC region to the emerging fintech community (all forms)
- Experience in financial services, fintechs, telecom, retail, payment systems (card, interbank, RTP etc), risk &fraud management, core banking and ecommerce will be an advantage
- Proven experience in driving partnerships
- Understanding of product, rules, technology will be advantageous
- Strategic thought leadership coupled with execution bias to drive initiatives and meet key result areas
- Sound business acumen, analytical skills and keen understanding of new technology payment business models and profitability driver
What will also help:
- Understanding of risk and fraud ecosystem around Financial and non-financial ecosystem
- Track record of enablement of internal teams to shine and grow and becoming self-sustaining - a leader with strong followership
- Experience working in/with start-ups and fintech
- An impressive record of digital products/services delivered from idea through to commercialization perhaps gathered/obtained in a two sides network and working both sides of the network for product, capability, partnership enablement
- Ability to connect the dots between strategy, product, design, technology to solve complex problems
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Hazel Thanh at email@example.com or call directly on +65 6950 8330 for a confidential discussion
EA Registration Number: R1989460
Argyll Scott Interim Pte Ltd (f.k.a. Hydrogen Group Pte Ltd) EA Licence Number: 16S8105