As automation engineer, your goal is to eliminate defects, errors and problems with product or systems development and with business or customer service processes.
The designated system automation engineer provide deep technical expertise by working collaboratively and is tasked with the planning, design, implementation, operations and on-going maintenance of Data Center and on-premise visualisation platform, compute, fiber-channel based storage, enterprise backup and management of Cloud services.
Apart of that, you will be the deployment lead for the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of any BAU systems solution and implementations (across various layers). You may lead systems integration with external entities to ensure a successful implementation, when needed.
Lastly, your role requires you to build, facilitate automated patch and enhance the systems monitoring capability.
- Degree in Computer Science
- 7 years of System Integrator environment with banking and telco background
- RHCE or Linux Professional Institute certification
- Advanced level knowledge: RedHat Linux and Windows Server OS platforms.
- Hands on experience architecting and designing from scratch, on a VMware (ESXI) or RedHat Visualisation (RHV) platform.
- Programming in at least one language: Python, Ruby, Perl or advanced shell scripting.
- Performing systems automation: Ansible/ Chef / Puppet
- Implementations: Active Directory, SMTP, LDAP, DHCP, HTTPS, DNS, the open source software ecosystem covering Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Vagrant, Grafana, Apache, Squid, Tomcat, Nginx, HA-Proxy, Postfix, Oracle Web Logic, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana and JBoss among others.
- Experience in analysis and remediation:-vmstat, iostat, lsof, sar, collectl and sysblock.
- Implementation of Cloud offerings: AWS and GCP such as EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, DBaaS would be an advantage.
- Architecture: product selection of compute, fiber-channel storage arrays, enterprise backup appliances, physical and logical placement of systems elements, design and implementation of tools and services such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Vagrant, Postgres + Corosync, Postfix, DHCP, DNS, NTP, Grafana and syslog collectors among others.
- Responsible for planning and execution of the services migration (JomPAY, FPX, DuitNow et al) to the Future State Architecture with minimal downtime.
- Involve in any incident response team in response to various security incidents such as service attacks, malware infestations and internal fraud attempts
- Ensure best practices, operational discipline and guidelines are maintained across the systems team.
Interested, Kindly share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.