My client is a well known insurance firm that has a startup within it dedicated to innovation. This role is in the tech startup within this Fortune 100 insurance company.
If you're a technical leader who wants to develop products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a Technologist (manager grade) you will focus on digital solution development for Global Retail Markets. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue our agile and cloud enabled transformation journey. This role will require some global travel.
In this role, you would
- Lead the development of global SoE framework and key functionality to enable best in class digital customer experience for Global Retail Markets
- Collaborate with development teams and architects to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy, guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision
- Hands on full stack greenfields mobile app development
- Improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality and maintain vendor, business partners, and development teams relationships
- Oversee design reviews and provide technical guidance and contribute to decisions
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years related experience
- Proficiency with some of the following areas and tools
- Object-oriented programming (Java/Python/Ruby/C++)
- Web development (React, AngularJS, NodeJS, Spring Boot, Restful service)
- Integration and Event driven architecture (Apigee, Kafka, Flink)
- CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Bamboo), iOS or Android development
- Machine learning, AI, Robotic Process Automation, OCR, NLP, Digital UX Analysis
- IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, of diverse and emerging tech and new architectural concepts and principles
- Understanding of layered solutions and designs; shared software concepts and product features and business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry
- Negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly with good oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
Team of 18 in Tech in Hong Kong. Hiring manager sits in the US. Dotted line reporting to the Head of IT in Hong Kong.
Next steps would be to apply with an updated CV to dgray<at>argyllscott.com.hk for a confidential discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.