Currently have a exclusive role for a Release Manager 6 month contract with high chance of extension.
quick 1 stage interview process with interview slots next week and start date 27/05/19 please read over the role review and apply,
The role of Release Manager has responsibility for owning and co-ordinating all releases in their domain as well as liaising with other domains for cross-domain releases. Releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs.
Where necessary you'll provide tools and services to help project management, dev. & test teams to deploy releases into production.
The successful candidate must be a proactive coordinator and a tech-savvy individual. The job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development and is supportive of those planning and carrying out releases.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and own the domain release roadmap to meet the demands of project releases, infrastructure changes and operational fixes
- Ownership of the process for tracking releases, upgrades and changes to test & production environments working with the engineering and service teams (internal and external)
- Hold good working relationship with third party software companies
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Weekly Release Reporting & KPI's
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Manage release & environment engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges to appreciate the risk and mitigate the interdependencies
- Ability to understand and highlight code conflicts amongst multiple, parallel project work streams and manage the end to end resolution
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across the portfolio
- Present the Forward Schedule of Change (FSC) to business stakeholders to ensure any associated downtime can be worked around
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Contribute to and deliver on the non-production environments improvement strategy ensuring we evolve towards having dynamic, self-service environments that support the fast pace of delivery and innovation
- Support continuous improvement initiatives (keep abreast of industry trends, implement best practice, evaluate new tools and techniques, automate processes, and upgrade underlying technologies)
- Experience in managing multiple releases across multiple platforms
- Experience of managing multiple vendors to assure appropriate release processes are in place, maintained and followed
- Experience of IT architecture and infrastructure
- Ability to validate the plans provided by Technical teams to ensure they are right for releases
- Ability to diagnose release issues identifying the right team and actions for resolution
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time and plan management skills
- Ability to chair meetings involving multiple organisations and countries
- Experience of dealing with onsite and offshore teams
- Experience of Cloud and on premise environments