Senior Data Analyst, Group Model Validation (9 Months Contract)
My client is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join the Group Model Validation department. The Group Model Validation department handles the assessment of models servicing a wide range of activities across the Bank, including credit risk, market risk, economic capital, stress testing and other financial & statistical models.
This role is for the position of Senior Analyst within the Commercial or Corporate and Institutional Model Validation team. The successful candidate will contribute to the department's assessment of statistical models and quantitative rules that enable the bank to manage credit risk and financial crime risk, as well as and other models used in the retail banking business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You will work on a variety of models covering many all aspects of the model life cycle. These include data management, methodology, programming, quantitative assessment, governance and compliance to standards. The successful candidate will exhibit a pro-active business engagement strategy, contributing to the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Independent evaluation of new and existing risk models including IRB/IFRS9/Scorecards
- Assessment of changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure.
- Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, ensuring timely identification of issues and projects are completed to the required standard.
- ]Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Documentation of findings and communication of results / justifications to senior management
Qualifications & Skills
Working knowledge of SAS and Excel handling statistical or data analysis
Experience in predictive modelling
Post graduate qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field (MSc, PhD)
Experience in risk analytics, developing or validating statistical models across the Commercial and/or Corporate and Institutional portfolio
Banking domain experience is ideal
Knowledge of banking data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management.
EA Registration Number: R1103437
Argyll Scott Interim Pte Ltd (f.k.a. Hydrogen Group Pte Ltd) EA Licence Number: 16S8140