About the company
One of the leading outsourcing service providers globally. You would be responsible for the Legal & Complaince mattes in the business. This is a great opportunity for a proactive candidate to take more accountability and responsibility to partner with senior stakeholders
About the role
This is a regional (Asia) role and you will be reporting to the Head of Legal based in Singapore.
- Act as legal counsel for the business covering Japan & Korea
- Lead compliance person for all compliance & regulatory matters in the region (APAC).
- Implement, review and update compliance process & policies for the region in line with any changes/new laws, regulations and guidance introduced by local authorities/ government bodies.
- Staying a breast of legal and regulatory compliances APAC in order to ensure the business is aware and best prepared for any changes that come into effect.
- Develop and continuously review the organizations regulatory compliance processes, standards and controls to ensure they remain up to date and meet current statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for internal compliance policy review, including ongoing assessments, assisting with compliance review, internal audit reviews and ongoing or ad hoc reviews
- Develop training material for teams to conduct training to improve the quality of service
- Work closely with the stakeholders and different teams in the business across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgeable support on critical matters
- Providing advice on regulatory compliance matters or the impact of regulatory compliances, on live business deals and deal structures.
- Responsible for updating the quarterly regulatory risks log
- Other Ad hoc task as assigned
- Common law qualified with at least 5-6 years' experience in Legal, Compliance and/or regulatory role
- Regional employment knowledge will be extremely useful
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
- Willingness and flexibility to work on a variety of legal, compliance and regulatory matters
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with stakeholders and the ability to work well across other teams
- Experience navigating stakeholders through complex legal and regulatory issues
- Independent and able to exercise judgment, coupled with a commercial mindset and provide practical solutions
- Ability to think and plan strategically as well as act operationally
- Willingness to learn, work hard and independently.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
EA Reg No: R1982285