About the client
Leading international bank with functions across corporate, institutional, retail & wealth who are focussed on the digitalisation of their market offering.
About the role
You will support the Head of Legal - Technology delivering legal support for global and multi-country technology and innovation initiatives across the Bank's client businesses. You will provide advice to stakeholders and help to implement technology and innovation across the business.
- Provide legal support and advice for stakeholders across the Banks
- Provide legal advisory support on the company's key digitisation and technology initiatives (e.g. Innovations and ventures such as virtual banks, proofs of concept and pilots, and partnerships and collaborations, trading platforms, and blockchain initiatives)
- Promote a culture and practice of good conduct of business and adherence to legal standards within the group
- Reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating global and multi-country technology and innovation transactions, including system and software integrations, software licences, managed services, technology outsourcing and other technology and e-commerce arrangements.
- Provide legal support and advice for ongoing vendor and contract management issues including management of pre-litigation contract disputes and for specialist technology legal advisory support
- Anticipating, identifying, mitigating, monitoring and reporting legal risks in relation to technology and innovation projects and initiatives as required by the group's risk management framework.
- Qualified lawyer with 8+ years' post qualification experience
- A good knowledge and understanding of technology legal matters including experience in current technology and innovation trends (preferably in the financial industry) such as API, blockchain, consortiums, and other FinTech initiatives as well experience in traditional technology procurement topics such as IP, Cloud, e-commerce, data privacy, information security and outsourcing.
- Experience in the banking industry (whether through in-house or private practice) is preferred but not mandatory - ideally candidate would have some experience in corporate work from their legal training / practice experience
EA Registration Number: R1871862
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd. EA Licence Number: 16S8105