International and very reputable Insurance company based in Hong-Kong, they operate globally in Asia and tend to provide the best service to their customer. Thriving for cutting edge solutions, they tend to provide the most innovative solutions in their Asian market.
Within a well- established data team, they are looking to hire their first MLOps/ senior Data Engineer for their Hong Kong office.
In a newly created position, the purpose of the role is to bring support to the Data scientist team in Hong Kong but also across APAC.
Managing two offshore resources, you will be hired to scale the different products, improve the data pipelines, quality and data management as a whole.
Other topics will include data collection/cleansing/injection and data governance. Aware of the full software life cycle, you will also help the data science team during the model release.
Hands on, you will be in charge of sharing the best practices across APAC and also advise your clients and team on the strategy and roadmap to adopt.
- Ensure that all the aspects related to Data Quality/Data Management/Data governance are respected during the product release
- Manage a small data engineer team and teach them the best practices
- Participate and guide the clients on to the data strategy/architecture/roadmap topics
- Pairing with Data Scientist and the IT team
- Design and implement alerting and testing mechanism to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the pipelines.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Information Systems
- 6+ -10 years of overall experience as a Senior Data Engineer or Team Lead
- Experience in data engineering preferably with big data technologies like: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Previous experience in an Insurance or a Financial Services is a massive plus
- Experience on a Cloud provider is highly appreciated: Azure, Alibaba or/and GCP, AWS
- Ideally Familiar with Devops tools such as Kubernetes, Jenkins or Helm.
- Experience in ETL, data warehouse and data governance projects
- Familiar with Data warehouse/database technologies: Postgres, MySQL, Hive, Athena, BigQuery, Snowflake
- Basic knowledge of programming languages: Python, Scala or Java
- Fluent in English. Any other Asian language is a plus (Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese)
Interested by this description? Would you like to know more?
Next steps are to apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or through WhatsApp on +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.