Purpose/Function of the role:
- Trade Marketing Manager plays a pivotal role between Sales and Brand Marketing Team locally.
- This role a leading role in the team to execute the Trade Marketing Plan by customers to achieve defined business objectives across all brands in each customer.
- This role will also work with KAM and Brand Marketing Delivery Manager to execute the joint business plan with customers, drive the implementation of the yearly retail planning calendar of retailers based on retail seasonal calendar to maximize the customer satisfaction, retail productivity and share of shelf of the locally.
- The role will also responsible for field force execution according the store display guideline, track KPI in order to maximize the highest share of shelf and brand visibility in channels.
Primary Responsibilities/ Duties:
Customer / Retailer Understanding and Customer Business Strategy (20%)
- Responsible to understand retailer trends, business strategy and buyers target & KPI, in particular local customers that are different from SEATH regional account.
Product Ranging and Display Execution (10%)
- Partner with KAM to improve the channel exclusive and retailer exclusive visibility in in-store. Highlight the products by exploring second display and OOA opportunities.
Channel Calendar Execution and Implementation (35%)
- Partner with local KAM and Brand Marketing Delivery Manager to plan the yearly calendar by retailer, drive the key big bet initiatives.
- Execute ranging criteria, the product visibility & display needs, promotion activation plan and track KPI tracking according to store grading. Maximize the ROI of trade marketing spend by prioritize the right investment of the store grading by channels.
- Execute the joint trade marketing programs with customers, secure incremental out of aisle and feature space to feature the products, i.e. end cap rotations, seasonal highlights, catalogue features, exclusives and FTM highlights in retail.
- Develop local in-store promotion programs to drive sell through.
- Present GTM execution plan to local Sales team in Sales & Marketing Team on on-going basis and provide support to KAM to drive sell-in and sell through.
Store Execution and RMO / Promotor Management: (15%)
- Responsible to manage the RMO agency locally. Plan manpower and maximize the efficiency of RMO resources, according to seasonal calendar and sales needs.
- Work with RMO Agency locally, brief agency on monthly needs, work out the efficiency of RMO coverage of total business.
- Provide clear monthly briefing to RMO team about retail initiatives, execution KPI and track performance.
- Work with promotor agency to manage promotor manpower. Brief the promotors for instore activation programs.
Store Display Execution: (10%)
- Execute the store display guideline to the local market and track the KPI executed by the RMO.
Story Telling and One Voice (5%)
- Execute the story telling display in customer by partnering with CP team / agencies whenever any SEATH regional initiative applies.
Prepare PR submission and tracking (5%)
- Control local Trade Marketing budget based on market allocation.
- Prepare PO / PR submission to finance for approval and tracking monthly spending.
- Regional Brand Marketing Team
- Regional Sales Team
- Consumer Product Team
- SEATH Sales Team
- SEATH Brand Marketing Team
- SEATH Operations Team
- SEATH Logistics Team
- SEATH Finance Team
- SEATH ecomm Team
- SEATH Strategic Channel Planning Team
- Design and creative agencies
- Production House
- Promotion Partners
- Retail customers
- RMO agencies and Promotor agencies
- Relevant University Degree or equivalent relevant business experience.
- 3-5 years commercial experience in (Malaysia) preferably within FMCG environment
- Experience of trade marketing in one or more of the's key customer channels, including e-commerce.
- Understanding of marketing, promotions and retail impact in a sector where children are the consumer.
- Understanding of the retail landscape in (Malaysia) and the key developments in the changing retail environment
Knowledge & Skills required:
Work Effectiveness & Adaptability:
- Excellent verbal and written English; and preferably in (Bahasa Melayu, Cantonese, Mandarin)
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to a challenging environment by creating value in the consumer dynamics and in the competitive landscape
- Highly numerate with the ability to analyse complex and sometimes incomplete data and make sound commercial decisions based on that analysis
- Excellent verbal reasoning skills, able to influence based on a factual and personal/emotional basis with ease
- Strong relationship building skills, communication skills and negotiation skills
- Work to an extremely fast pace & keep to tight deadlines, react to changes to minimise exposure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Space Management software (optional).
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.